Pages

Friday 22 July 2016

Our first few weeks:


Evangeline Rose Holmes:

Our beautiful baby girl <3<3<3

It’s July 21st, Evie’s 2 weeks old today. I cant believe how fast these last few weeks have flown by, it feels almost as if I’ve blinked the days away; it seems like just yesterday myself and Zachary were heading to the hospital along side my mum, for my caesarian and to finally meet her, after waiting 39 long weeks – and she's already 2 weeks old!

I never believed people when they said time goes fast once your baby is born; purely because my pregnancy felt like it lasted forever – but honestly now I know just what they mean, and just how quickly the days shoot by.


Becoming a mummy is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I cannot begin to put into words just how much I love her and how proud I am of her. She’s such a happy, loving little girl; she’s perfect and beautiful in every way. If someone had told me 3 years ago that I would be a mummy now, theres not a chance I would’ve ever believed them; I was told that the possibility of having children or conceiving naturally would probably never happen due to problems with my fallopian tubes... and here we are a year on and myself and Zachary have a beautiful daughter and I couldn’t be more in love or more grateful for our little family – they mean more than anything to me.

But anyway, I wanted to sit down and do more of a chit chatty post, talking about pretty much everything on my mind I guess?
Ironically the weather here has been bliss, so sunny – and currently I’m sat at my computer with Evangeline asleep in her mosses basket next to me, looking out the window as I write this; its such a lovely day, birds are chirping – I say birds, I really mean seagullsthe sky is a beautiful shade of blue, and just in general it feels like we’ve finally entered summer.
 
Blue skies. 


Evangeline, Zachary and I have a photo shoot this weekend, one that my family have very kindly arranged for us – I’m excited, although I don’t look my best, still got a little bit of a baby belly but what do you expect when your only 14 days PP haha, It’ll be nice; pictures of us as a family of 3 that we can add to our home.
I’m considering a major clean out this weekend to, I think its about time I threw away my maternity wardrobe; maybe I’ll sell some of them, the ones with the tags – all those summer items that I bought thinking that it would actually be sunny here, but I was wrong; I mean what did I expect it is Britain haha. Although I cant really complain because the weathers fabulous now. I think once cleaning out my wardrobe it’ll probably call for a bit of a shopping spree as a large majority of my wardrobe consist of maternity items – so currently I’m known as an ‘outfit repeater’ haha.

Theres no theme or flow to this post, just sort of a bit of a ramble, I seem to have a lot I want to talk about even though none of it is remotely interesting. I thought I’d throw in a little ‘blog update’ too, I haven’t really known what to post recently, although I do have a few ideas in mind and some posts that I’m working on – there mainly mummy related; so I hope you don’t mind. I do want to point out that I don’t intent to make my blog purely ‘mummy related’, and will be keeping to my theme of posting pretty much whatever I like haha, but just including the odd mummy post here and there. I believe that I should be able to stick to my uploads falling on a Monday or perhaps another day, I’m not 100% sure yet…defiantly once a week, but when I come to a decision on the exact day I’ll let you know and maybe if I can I’ll squeeze in one main, or I guess you could call it special post per month I will? But we’ll see…

Being completely honest writing my blog hasn’t been that much of a priority recently; but I’m trying to get back into the swing of it – trying to post on a regular bases, and write my posts whilst Evangeline is sleeping; although in saying that I’d much rather sit and give her a cuddle.

I should probably come to an end with this post or it’ll go on forever haha, so I hope your all well and I’ll speak to you in my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment