Pages

Monday 23 October 2017

A long awaited update

 Let's have a catch up


Hello, it's been a little while since I lasted posted on here. Back in September, so not to long; but over a month ago. I initially intended to upload much more frequently, I had plans for pregnancy updates, Evie bum boo updates, mummy tags, tips, hauls and a few more but I guess I'm not to fab at sticking to a blog schedule and life got pretty hectic so I didn't really have very much time at all... Quite a bit has happened since I lasted spoke to you all, and I thought it would be nice to have a little 'catch up'.  

Going back to when I last posted everything was going swimmingly, I must've been roughly 34 weeks pregnant and was planning on writing a pregnancy update, giving a bit of an insight into what had been happening, symptoms and all of that. But everything turned relatively sour and to be honest I spent most days in hospital on different machines, having different scans and seeing doctors. Little lady had stopped wriggling and no one could quite figure out why, so therefore I was unable to monitor her movements. After having a growth scan it came to light that little lady, truly was little and measuring around 4 weeks behind her gestational age; in the 3rd percentile. It was decided that I was to have CTGs 3 times a week, steriod injections - which hurt like a b*tch; but worth it in the long run, scans weekly and consultant weekly and no real sort of birth plan what so ever, as depending on scans and CTG results she could've been delivered at any time. Anyway, long story short I was able to make the final decision and chose to have her kept in my tummy for as long as possible, up until the results starting deteriorating, due to this little lady made her grand arrival via C-section on the 04•10•2017 at 09:24am, weighing 5lbs 6oz at 38 weeks - I'm so very chuffed they allowed her to stay in my bump until she was full term. We couldn't be happier, Evangeline is proving to be the best big sister. I love my girls more than words could possibly describe. 

Meet - Florance Violet. 💕




I will be doing a separate birth story in the near future and will go more indepth into everything so keep your eyes peeled for that. 

We've not been up to very much recently, of course I'm sure some of you understand the last thing you particularly want to be doing when recovering from a C-section is going on day trips or heading out, instead I've much prefered staying indoors in comfy clothes and having lots of cuddles with Evangeline and Florance. Although, I must say; I've recovered much quicker this time around - in fact was up wondering around nipping to the shop, back to my normal self around 4 days postpartum. But we haven't done anything to extravagant. 

I was considering do a little Christmas series on here, a few DIY's, cooking bits, tags, tips and a few more bits and bobs - I won't say to much, I'll leave a little element of suprise haha! There's a few posts in my drafts; so hopefully I manage to finish writing those and post them before/during December! 

I haven't much more to say, so I'll pop in a few more bits I can update on.... to start, I'm still living with my parents, I've been actively looking for properties and I've been to quite a few house viewings but found nothing so far - which sucks, I must admit I do enjoy living at home; but would love to have my own place. I'm really hoping that something comes on the market soon, as of now it's a waiting game - waiting for the perfect house/flat to pop up! 🏠

When I finally move I'd like to do a few posts in regards to that too, maybe some moving posts, interior posts, hauls and so on - but we'll have to wait and see. 

Lets throw a little celebration, I fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothing - Woohoo! Evangeline, Florance, my mum, sister and I popped into Matalan actually and I found a skirt, size 8 and it fits! which means not only have I lost all of my pregnancy weight I'm actually slimmer now than I was before falling pregnant with Florance - crazy right!? 

Anyway, that's all I really have to say for the time being, just a snappy little update; I hope your all well and I'll speak to you in my next post.



 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment