Pages

Tuesday 27 February 2018

What’s been happening?


Any news?

Thank god for snapchat filters ;)

I’ve recently received a few emails regarding an update to my plastic/cosmetic surgery or body image post - here’s the link if you fancy a read... so I thought I’d sit down, take time out to fill you lovely lot in as to what’s been happening or where I’m at. Just a pre- warning there is boobie talk. I mentioned on my instagram stories that I had an appointment with my cosmetic surgeon in January, this was cancelled as she wasn’t well and was moved to the 22nd February. It was at a private hospital near to where I live - One Ashford Hospital. I had an evening appointment which was great as it meant that Zachary could come with me whilst the girls were being looked after by my parents for a few hours. In the consultation we discussed a boob job and tummy tuck. We decided on what procedure I am going to be getting - an uplift and augmentation as I’ve decided I no longer want implants due to the upkeep haha! Although, the surgeon also convinced me not to have implants as she said my boobs are in great condition and that she couldn’t see why I wanted anything change - but if I did then going for a procedure that involves my natural fat and muscle is a better idea. #tmi #winning......With having a boob job I would have a scar the went under the boob, up and around the nipple. For those of you who asked about what is involved with the process of having a boob job or any cosmetic surgery (this is based on my experience) I’ll have a little natter about what happened with me - my surgeon took down all of my medical history and what I am hoping to have done; she also asked why I wanted these things done. Once we had spoken about what I am considering, I was taken behind a curtain where I had to take clothes/underwear of the top half. She took a tape measure and measured from I believe collar bone to nipple? (I can’t remember) and then from the nipples to the underside of your boob; she also measure the nipple to see if that needed changing. After this she showed us some pictures that she had taken of other boob jobs and the one I’d be having. (I’ll talk about the tummy tuck side of things further down) We also spoke about me having a tummy tuck (obviously); and why I’d like a tummy tuck. My stomach appearance is pretty common for someone who has had a few csections/babies. The skin/fat would be used to fill out my boobies instead of implants - therefore it’s completely natural. With a tummy tuck there will be a scar from hip to hip; which doesn’t bother me as nobody would see it. Here I’m going to talk a little about what the surgeon done to see that I am suitable for a tummy tuck. So firstly she looked at my tummy standing up and then made me lay down. She felt my tummy, and said that my muscle had split so that I was to start doing Pilates to see if that would help repair it rather than going for surgery - as during a tummy tuck they staple/stitch the muscle back together. She then had to test to see if there was enough skin to do the procedure, and not going to lie what she done was a little painful. She grabbed my tummy and belly button and pulled it down towards my public bone, my skin pulled down but only just. This also meant 95% of my stretch marks would be taken away, and I would only have the ones that are above my belly button. We then went back over to her desk and sat down to discuss the next step. She suggested I waited a year, and that she wouldn’t do the surgery until then; for those of you wondering this was because of how soon I’d just had a baby. She informed me that weight will continue to be lost and that my stomach will be much smaller as it can take up to a year for your belly to get to the size it’ll stay. I would also have to sit and decide whether I’d like any more children as having another baby after a tummy tuck would reverse the procedure. I have a lot to think about, but we’ll see where I’m at in a years time. Thanks for reading and I’ll speak to you in my next post.
 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment