Pages

Monday 12 March 2018

My mummy must

Ewan the dream sheep 


I’m going to let you into a little secret, I’ve never actually used any type of sleep aid with the girls - by sleep aid I mean something along the lines of Ewan or a mobile (however you spell it). I’ve always found they fall asleep whilst having cuddles, like being rocked or bounced. In actual fact, I’ve always thought that sleep aids were a bit of a ‘wives tale’ kinda thing - something that doesn’t work for everyone, but the odd baby/toddler here and there. 

Most often walking through different shops - mothercare, boots, toysRus and so on; I’ve walked straight past them. I mean I’ve picked them up a few times but always shrugged them off and each time I’ve wanted to try them out and see what all the fuss is about - but I haven’t bothered. 

The other week a lovely lady named Lynda - the creator of Ewan the dream sheep popped me an email asking if I’d like to test him on the girls. So of course I jumped at the opportunity. Both my girls aren’t self settlers - Evangeline likes to hold a hand and have a finger on the tip of her nose (sounds odd, but it’s a majorly cute) and Florance, Florance is a hugger (again majorly cute) - she loves to be cuddled and rocked or bounced of to sleep. 

So of course of the first night of testing Ewan I wasn’t really to sure that he would actually do anything. And boy was I wrong. So firstly Ewan let’s of a lovely little pink glow which mimics the womb so nothing to bright - which means he wasn’t making the room to bright for Florance. Ewan comes with 4 different sounds - actual womb recordings, rainfall, vacuum cleaner and a harp melody; a calm heartbeat is also combined with the sound to help reassure baby/toddler. He also has a velcro tail meaning you can attach him to the side of the crib/cot. 

As I’ve said somewhere above (or have I?) I was a little sceptical about Ewan, and being honest I never thought in a million years a little sheep would be able to make Florance sleep. So the first night of use I held Florance until she was asleep and usually she’ll wake up and I’ll have to cuddle her for a little while longer - however the moment I popped Ewan in her crib on the vacuum setting, she was sound asleep to the point her dummy fell out of her mouth! (Which means she’s fassstt asleep!) 

During the night little Flo wakes up for 1-2 feeds and a majority of the time she’ll settle within the hour; of course there are some occasions when she’ll be sound asleep as soon as she’s finished having a feed. As I said above she’ll usually stir once I’ve put her in her crib. But with a little help from Ewan she settled relatively fast.... I must admit as much as she loves Ewan she still likes to be cuddled in order to fall asleep, and not just with Ewan’s company. But of course once’s she’s used to him, and the noises he makes - then maybe that’ll change? 

But overall, I love Ewan so far, I think he’s going to be a little gem in our nighttime routine.

Would you like an update on Ewan & Flo in a few weeks/months time? I shall also be testing Ewan on Evangeline as on the website it says Ewan can be used by toddlers or children up to 7 years old, so we’ll see if you can introduce Ewan later into a sheep routine (I just had to replace sleep with sheep, I couldn’t forgive myself if I hadn’t haha). 

I thought I’d include the websites so if you fancy a little more information or some more reviews about ‘Ewan the dream sheep’ you can head on over. As I said above, we were very kindly gifted Ewan and lucky enough to test him out. And I really do recommend him. 
He is retailed at £29.99, and he is sold in a number of different shops - John Lewis, Argos, boots, Amazon, mothercare, toyrsus and a few more; if I listed them all we’d be here for hours haha! (Pop onto google and type him in and you’ll find lots of results that are suitable for you!) 

As said above, I will most likely be doing another review in a few weeks with how Evie liked Ewan and then maybe an update with Flo? 

But that’s all I really have to say, I hope you’ve found this somewhat helpful and I’ll speak to you lovely lot in my next post! 


 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment