Pages

Friday 2 December 2016

What I've learnt:

My year: then and now.


I felt like having a chat about what I've learnt this last year, how it's changed or how its different from the last few years, what I know now that I didn't then and all about what I want for the future.

How my life has changed? What I've learnt?

I've learnt so very much this year and my life has changed in so many ways - the biggest, most amazing, life changing event was becoming a mummy to mine and Zachary's beautiful daughter Evangeline Rose, she turns 5 months old on the 7th December, which is crazy...it still feels like we were bringing her home from the hospital yesterday; I've blinked these last 4 nearly 5 months away. Becoming her mummy is the best thing that has every happened to me, ever. And in all honesty I doubt there will be anything that will top it. I love her unconditionally - becoming a mummy to Evangeline by far is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

So myself and Zachary have moved into our own place, this took place around 5 months before Evie was born. It was such an odd feeling when we took the plunge and moved from our family homes, I've always been incredibly family orientated and quite often found that every time I would stay the night at a friends house I would become 'home sick' - ironically I wasn't to bad with it when we moved out, I mean don't get me wrong; I cried a few times and Zachary and I had to avoid watching certain programmes or talking about certain things or I'd just burst into tears, part home sickness, part pregnancy hormones haha..but that soon passed as I still get to see them daily. Regardless we've nearly lived here a whole year! I believe its a year on the 28th February? But I'm not 100% sure. Its flown by.

Talking about a year, its just over 4 months until I've been running my blog for a year! 4th April 2016. Although - my posts aren't anywhere near as frequent as they used to be, I just don't ever really have the time...I know I could write post's whilst Evie is asleep, yet I'd much rather sit and give her a cuddle or catch up on house work...mainly give her cuddles haha. But I'm going to be making it my new years resolution to try and stick to some sort of 'uploads a month schedule'.

We've been working with so many amazing compaines, we're unbelievably lucky. We quite often recieve free goodies or work alongside buisnesses promoting their amazing bits. Head over to my instagram to have a nosey at some of the compaines, give them a follow and show them some love - @dons_steph. We've been offered so many amazing opportunities and collaborations so keep your eyes peeled!!

So what have I learnt this year?

I've learnt that not every single person you considered 'friends or family' are going to be supportive or happy for you on every occasion or every situation in your life and its okay to cut people out of your life. All that matters is family, and of course the friends that stick by you. As long as you are happy and you have individuals who do support you, what else matters?

I've learnt the responsibility of living on your own and how lucky I was when I lived at home. 

I've learnt what other mummies mean by "an instant connection" with your baby; I was lucky enough to feel this the moment I saw Evangeline, feeling a sudden wave of unconditional love, I love her more than words can describe, she's my entire world.

I've learnt just how hard it truly is to run a blog, I think I underestimated just how challenging it would be. Crazy thing is, its just under 4 months until I've had my blog a year like I mentioned above! Well until I started on WordPress on the 4th April 2016- before moving onto here. Either way, I never thought it would be as difficult to keep post coming on a regular routine or schedule but I'm hoping I can stick to a more regular upload schedule in the new year; I'm making it my new years resolution!

I've also learnt that people, or you guys reading, actually care about what I have to say, whether your a blogger yourself or just someone whoese stumbled across my blog - you, yes you, you truly are amazing. Thank you.

I've learnt unbelievable amounts, I'd be typing forever if I listed them all. So I'llstop here.

I think it's probably best to wrap it up here..haha, a bit of a Christmas pun as uts December now...you know what's coming next as I say this at the end of everrryyyyy post lol - I'm ending this post now or it'll go on for ages, and I'll speak to you in my next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment