Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Times flying by....

A tiny little natter 



I just wanted to pop on here and have a little natter, I can’t be the only one who feels like time is shooting past, like this year is already going by ever so quickly. I mean it’s already the 17th January, I swear we only just celebrated Christmas? I uploaded a picture onto my Instagram a little while ago, kind of touching on this ‘time flying’ topic - but I suppose I couldn’t write a massive amount on there so thought I’d have a chat on here.

I find it so strange how when we’re younger we sit in our classrooms, surrounded by friends, teachers and other pupils and we wish for time to pass faster. How we want to ‘grow up’ and do those grown up things; you know, like leave school, head to college/uni, go out partying, celebrate your big birthdays - well 18th & 21st, get a job, learn to drive, rent or buy your own place, get engaged..then married and have children. I remember sitting in my lessons staring at the clock - watching every second and wishing they’d go faster, eagerly waiting for it to reach 3 o’clock so I could head home and do those ‘teenage’ things. It would feel although I was in school for 23 hours of the day, when it was only 6 hours and well 6 hours doesn’t go very slow now. 

I never really believed anyone when they said once you’ve left school it flies by, I often thought they would just say it to make me appreciate my ‘younger years’. But I guess they were right. It’s so surreal to think I’m 23 in October, Evangeline is 2 in July and Florance is 1 in October; I swear I only had them a few months ago!? I know we’re only in January but I’m certain that if I blink the girls will be getting ready to start school or I’ll be picking out their wedding dresses with them. Speaking of which, Evangeline has started nursery and goes every Tuesday & Thursday morning - she’s growing so fast. 

I must admit I’m excited for the girlies to grow up, to be able to have pamper nights with them, go shopping and watch them grow up into the most beautiful, intelligent, loving little ladies - I mean don’t get me wrong they already are all of those things and I’m beyond proud of them. But I’m excited to see what their like in 5, 10, 15 years time. I just wish time would go a little slower; like it did when I was a little. 

It’s now I realise, time truly is precious. 

 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment