Pages

Friday 19 August 2016

Nursery tour

Perfect pink palace:





So I've been working on this post for quite a few week's now; a tour of Evangeline's nursery or bedroom. I wanted to ensure that I went as in depth into each item that I could, trying to remember where each item was bought and roughly how much the item cost to purchase. But of course without rambling on haha. Myself and Zachary have only recently started to add some girly touches into Evie’s nursery, we kept her gender as a surprise so therefore we were unable to create a room specified to her gender. However since her arrival we have been adding in little decorative items, creating a girlie kind of feel. Prior to her arrival her room was purely made up of neutral items, white walls with cream accessories throughout. But as mentioned above the odd pink item has been placed here and there. 

 So when you first enter Evangeline’s nursery to your left is her dresser or drawers. We purchased these from Ikea; there white and pretty simple – personally I love them and have them in both bedrooms in our house haha. The retail price is roughly £59.00 and they come in brown, white, oak and black. Myself and Zachary wanted to keep the nursery bright and inviting and felt that white furniture would be best suited for this. Each of the Evangeline’s drawers are in ag order I guess you could say... in the top drawer are some of her newborn items, the 2nd draw her 0-1 month, 3rd 0-3 and finally her 4th 3-6; the drawers are in rotation as Evie outgrows clothes the ages move up – hopefully that make sense haha. 
On top of her drawers we’ve placed her baby book, this was purchased at John Lewis and is accompanied by a decorative pink flower pot that was bought at hobby craft. We placed these items here as they are simple, cute and add something girly to the chest of drawers. Also, for the first few weeks after Evie had arrived I placed her changing mat on top of here allowing me to change her without having to bend, multi purpose haha! (C-section mummy!) As you can see in the picture there is a lovely mirror located on the wall above the drawers, this was bought by my partner from either eBay or amazon – I couldn't find one I liked in any shops haha, I'm a tad fussy! 













 Next is a cabinet/cupboard that we purchased from B&Q I believe we paid around £40 give or take a few pounds, we were able to chose the amount of shelves/drawers, whether we had doors and the colours allowing us to personalise it. We picked 4 shelves, 2 with doors – one pink, one white and 2 without doors. In the top cupboard or shelve we have placed her bath washes, shampoos and lotions keeping them all separate from other items and stood upright preventing products leaking! Below this shelve we have all of her ‘grooming or health kits’ I guess you could say, so basically her thermometers, sponges, cotton wool, nail clippers, brushes all those types of goodies; we also keep her muslins in here too! And the last 2 shelves contain wipes and nappies. 
On top of this cabinet we have also added some more girly touches, her name shortened down which my sister bought for her, 2 bunny nightlights that I purchased from primark I believe they were around £1- £1.50, bargain right?! We also placed a pair of shoes we bought from mothercare which I love, if they done them in my size I’d quite happily wear them ahha! And in the back there is another decorative flower pot from hobby craft. 

 We placed these buntings that were bought from home bargains on her wall creating a vintage feel, and increasing the girly feel within her nursery. I love the way they look! 













 Our cot/crib was a gift from my parents, so therefore I haven't a clue where it was purchased. However it’s pretty simple, plain white and can also be used as a bed once Evangeline is old enough, which is fab as we don’t have to worry about purchasing a new one – unless of course we need to. Inside of our cot we have a neutral bumper, with little bears on; again we were very lucky and received this as a gift from my parents. The bumper set was purchased at mothercare. Within the cot we have several teddies, the giraffe and rhino hand made by my mum, and the others given as gifts to Evangeline when she was born. On the side I've placed a personalised blanket that was given again as a gift for Evie from my sister – purchased from the cuddle company. Also we have placed a few little boxes of toys under her cot, ready for her when she's old enough. 

Our mobile matches the bumper set, neutral in colours and extremely cute! 


 These curtains were in the same range at mothercare alongside our bumper set. They have a lovely simple pattern with little hedgehogs and mice on. Are a creamy yellow colour and prevent just the right amount of light coming through without making the room dark – which is perfect for the bright airy nursery we were going for. Not to mention, there really cute too! 







 We wanted to add some detail to her windowsill, so therefore we’ve place 3 items. A little wooden elephant holding a pink heart that reads “don’t forget I love you.”  I purchased this from Sainsburys I  believe from what I can remember I paid roughly £4 for it. Along side the little elephant we have placed, yes you guessed it – another little decorative flower pot haha. This particular one has a little heart around the vase which says “with love.xxx” it was purchased at the same time as the elephant and was again around £4. Upon her windowsill is also a lovely fabric floral picture frame, which currently has her scan picture in; but I will be changing this to a picture of Evangeline, myself and Zachary – all these items add that girly touch we were going for. 

 The wall next to the window is where we decided to hang my ‘bump cast’ that my mum and sister helped me do – I have written a blog post talking about this if you are interested I’ll put the link below this paragraph! I felt this was a lovely touch to personalise her nursery, and something that we can all cherish in the future. 




 We bought Evie’s wardrobe from Ikea, the retail price is £80 which is great for the quality and overall product! Although I hope to replace her wardrobe for a more expensive one in the future, but it’ll do the job for now! Within her wardrobe much like drawers her wardrobe is in age order, at the moment she has her newborn, 0-1, 0-3 and a few older items. Although most are stored within the boxes located at the bottom of her wardrobe. Identical to the drawers, as she grows out of her clothing it’ll be replaced with larger sizes. On the door of her wardrobe she has a little poem on a little hanging wooden sign. 


On her nursery floor we have laid out a pastel pink and white rug (picture isn’t great, it's quite hard to take a photo of a rug, haha) I bought this rug from a shop named Tiger, I paid between £10-£15 for it, who doesn't love a bargain!? Although it doesn't look or feel cheap which is great! 

Lastly we have a bear door hanger, this was given as a gift to match the bumper set, curtains, lampshade and mobile by my parents. It's for nappy storage which is extremely handy, and is very cute. As Evangeline grows older we can use this item to store teddies or books, so it's multi purpose; which is marvellous! 



I hope that you’ve enjoyed looking around Evie's nursery. I love the overall look of Evangeline’s nursery, the simple,  neutral theme with pops of pink. A perfect pink palace for my perfect little princess. 




No comments:

Post a Comment