Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2016

My changing bag:

What I carry:





I thought that I’d do a post going in depth as to what I have in my baby/changing bag - I found these posts in particular, very helpful when it came down to packing Evie’s changing bag for the first time ready for our first trip out of the house, I wanted to ensure that I wasn't packing unnecessary things; which is were these post’s came in handy. Although in saying that the contents of our bag changes depending on where we’re going, what we're doing and how long we're doing it for. 
Now I'm rambling...regardless – I hope that you find this post some what interesting (the contents of my bag isn't that exciting lol) and helpful. 

Our bag is from “Cath Kidston”. Our bag retails in at £75.00 and is worth every penny! The whole bag is made out of 100% cotton canvas shiny oilcloth – meaning you are able to wipe the entire interior and exterior clean. Our bag came in a matching set which included: 

• A bottle case 
• Flannel 
• and a changing mat 
Within the bag is an internal zip case where I keep all of my essential items and things that I need on a regular basis – this case enables me to keep all of my items separate from the items that are needed for Evangeline. There are many great features to our bag which include a adjustable carrying strap, an elasticated loop located within the bag to hold bottles up right and a pocket in the front to discretely store your changing mat. 
Our bag in particular has a white background with a pink, red and blue floral pattern – keeping it simple and perfect for any gender. 

Moving away from all the features and accessorise of our baby bag I’ll now get onto talking about the contents and what I like to carry... 


For Evangeline: 


1 changing pad or mat – Our changing mat came in the set with the bag. It has the same design or pattern as the exterior of the changing bag; and can be stored easily and discreetly in the front pocket or can be easily placed inside of the zip compartment, being easily accessed at all times. 

It is made of the same oilcloth fabric as the bag therefore any “spillages” are easily cleaned and wiped away. The changing mat is padded on the back ensuring your little one is comfortable whilst being changed. We carry a changing mat in her bag as we feel placing Evie on this whilst changing her is much more hygienic than placing her on a public changing table; it can also be used on the go. 

1 pack of water wipes – Myself and Zachary prefer to use these wipes when changing Evie over standard ‘baby wipes’, there made up of 99.9% water and 0.1% fruit extract, being 100% natural and therefore being much more gentle on Evangeline’s skin. 


Pampers size 2 nappies – In our bag we carry roughly 15 nappies per journey that we go on, however depending on where we are going or how long we will be going for the number of nappies will increase: we'd rather have to many than to little! 


Spare clothing – This is extremely important, ensuring that we have spare clothing for Evie just in case of any ‘poop explosions’ or a change of weather. Within the bag there is always 2 spare vests, a t-shirt (long and short sleeve), trousers or leggings, with socks and a hat. 


A jumper or cardigan – Similar to above, we carry a jumper or cardigan purely in case the weather changes; allowing us to guarantee that Evangeline is kept at the ideal temperature at all times. 


1 pack of Milton antibacterial wipes – These are another essential, they are perfect for cleaning pretty much everything, they can be used on a variety of things, all surfaces, teats or dummies, the changing bag or mat, practically everything – keeping everything sterile. 


1 50 ml carex complete antibacterial hand gel and 1 100ml Milton antibacterial hand gel

We carry and use these regularly, after every nappy change, every toilet trip and before every feed, this prevents the chance of passing on or spreading any bacteria or germs to Evangeline; again like mentioned above keeping everything sterile...(I know, germaphobe's right!?) 

1 pack of little angle nappy sacks – These are in our changing bag for the obvious reason of placing Evangeline’s used/dirty nappies... we also use these to store any wet or unsuitable clothing before placing the items in the changing bag; keeping everything clean and tidy. 


1 15g metanium barrier oitment alongside 1 10g sudocrem – We haven't yet need to use these particular products, however we like to carry these just in case there comes a time that there use is required. 


a spare blanket – This is for the same reason as the spare jumper or cardigan; in order to avoid Evangeline becoming cold if the weather turns cold or breezy; and as we live in England these blankets come in handy on a regular basis haha. 


2 muslin cloths – These are used when burping Evie to prevent any spit up becoming part of an outfit, although these don't always prevent that haha! Either way, we carry them to try and avoid the above situation from happening lol. 


1 pack of sterilised dummies (2 dummies with the box)– Evangeline loves to have a dummy when she is falling asleep, therefore we carry a small box that has been put through her steriliser that holds 2 dummies, just in case one is dropped or lost – we always have a spare for her! 


tommy tippee bottles and travel storage pots – Similar to the nappies, we always carry 2 bottles and 2 formula pots on any journey this allows us to be able to make up a bottle when required; however depending on where we are going and how long for, the number of bottles and travel pots will increase. 


For me – a majority of my items are kept in the zip compartment within the zip case, making them easily accessed when needed. 


my purse – I carry this as it holds the important things I need, for example my driving license, bank card and cash. 


sanitary towels – lets not be discrete I carry these at all times, because sometimes mother nature likes to pay me a visit off schedule haha. 


travel hair brush, mirror and hairbands – my own little ‘glam’ items, to help me look a little more presentable. 


•  asthma pump – I have asthma, this is an essential for me as I never no when I may be required to use it. "It aint easy being wheezy". 


my phone and keys – I use these on a daily basis, so therefore keep them safe within our changing bag, at easy reach when there needed. 


deodorant and perfume – because lets face it, nobody wants to be smelly haha. 


Whether your looking for inspiration as to what to carry or just being nosey haha ;). 

I hope you found this in depth look into my changing bag useful and helpful and I’ll talk to you in my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment