Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

Baby bump and my body

Body changes:


39 weeks 1 day & 2 weeks postpartum.
I felt like doing a post that I hope many of you can relate to whether your pregnant, postpartum or simply fancy reading about how I feel about my body image in particular. I feel like this is such a taboo subject,  almost frowned upon if you feel a certain way; people have so many opinions in regards to body image and how we should feel about ourselves. 
It’s amazing how much our bodies change to accommodate pregnancy, how much they grow and change shape to help your beautiful baby thrive before birth. It amazes me. There just changes most of use aren’t used to. 

After all there is a lot to get used to, I have stretch marks in places that I didn't even know could develop them, my body shape has changed, I have a ‘baby belly’ and a scar. My health has been, lets be honest rubbish...I’ve been on antibiotics since I delivered battling different illnesses and infections. But honestly every single change and health complications my body has gone through are 100% worth it; I now have a beautiful, perfect, loving little girl – and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. 


However being 100% truthful, did I think I’d be as confident as I am now? No, not at all. But I’ve learnt to love the ‘new me’ my dress size has increased from a 6-8 to a 10-12, I have saggy bits, extra fat in places, a scar and stretch marks – does that bother me, no. Every single change represents my pregnancy journey, my delivery; every change represents my daughter and I'm proud of that. I’ve been body shamed, had my body referred to as “grot” or “disgusting” that I shouldn’t show my body but keep it covered. I mean obviously these comments are made to knock my confidence, make me feel ashamed about how my body looks; little do they know there comment's have no negative effects, I guess I just feel sorry for them; one day they will have a girlfriend, wife or daughter who will go through those changes...and could even possibly have comments made about them, yet they still choose to push negative comments towards other women. I just don’t understand their logic?! 

It takes time to develop confidence, it doesn't happen over night – but learning to love your self, your journey and embrace your flaws is a start to learning to love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment