Pages

Thursday 11 August 2016

Our little family

1 month old: 


I love my little family.

So as I write this its ‘Sunday 7th August 2016’ although when I upload this it’ll probably be Thursday and Evie is 5 weeks old – However today, the day I type this, Evangeline is exactly 1 month old, 1 month old; 31 days old, where has the time gone?...it feels like it was just yesterday that myself and Zachary were preparing our bag’s the night before we were due to go into hospital for my caesarian – checking thoroughly through each one to ensure we had everything we needed, removing item's from the already packed bag’s, checking them against a list that I had written out – verifying we had the items noted down, 6 baby grows (although they were all to big for Evangeline), 6 vests, a pack of nappies, Evie’s first outfit, scratch mittens, formula in case we required it – and we did, so it was lucky we took some and the list goes on; and for me, slippers, pjs, toiletries and all the usual belongings written on ‘what to pack in your hospital bag’ lists on the internet, before returning all items neatly and in order as to what would be needed first into the bag’s.. 


It feels like it was just yesterday that we were on our way to the hospital and heading down to theatre to finally meet her. Like it was just yesterday that she was placed on my chest, the first time I held her... and she's already a month old; this past month has been the best month of my entire life! Becoming a mummy, being a mummy to our beautiful, loving, intelligent little girl is the most amazing, rewarding thing to ever happen to me. I love her so much, I’m besotted by her. And of course Zachary feels the same too. I love our little family, our little girl more than words can describe, more than anything. 


Although this month has also been the toughest; unfortunately my recovery from my caesarean hasn’t been as smooth as I hoped, I’ve had nonstop medication and antibiotics which hasn’t been great – obviously. Unfortunately I’ve had an infection in my uterus – which has only just healed, an infection in my incision and now a problem with my liver...great right? Even though my health hasn’t been spectacular I wouldn’t change it for the world. Evangeline is worth every ounce of pain I’ve been through, every dip in my recovery and I’d go through it all again for her in a heartbeat. 

We've had a pretty hectic weekend actually searching high and low for a suitable car to buy, I mean the car we have is great, everything works, it looks good, nothing is wrong with it – thankfully, only problem is it only has 2 doors...so getting Evangeline and her car seat in and out is a bit of a workout haha. We had a coffee with Zachary’s dad today in a lovely cafe called ‘muffin break’, which was nice; before browsing around the shops and heading to dinner at my parents house; then settling down for the evening back at our place. 

As I sit here and type this, Zachary is sat cuddling with Evie fast asleep in he's arms; the TV is on in the background; celebrity big brother playing. Whilst I sit here working on a couple of blog posts, cherishing every little moment with both of them (time flies by so fast) – and I couldn't be any luckier, I love my little family so very, very much. 






No comments:

Post a Comment