Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Love at first sight


I love you:



Month 1 & 2: Finding out.
I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, and cannot put into words the emotions I felt when looking down at the pregnancy test I had just done to see that it was positive. I felt completely overjoyed I’ve honestly never felt so much happiness in my whole life!

Immediately after finding out I rang my boyfriend to tell him the news – the most exciting phone call I have ever made.


Month 3 & 4: Our first scan and shopping!
Weeks felt like months as we awaited our first scan appointment – to see our beautiful baby wiggling around on the screen. The appointment came; I remember patiently waiting in the seating area for our scan, it felt although we had been sat in there for hours, the anticipation and nerves of seeing our baby on the screen for the first time were building up! After what felt like hours my name was called, we headed into our ultrasound; overwhelmed with emotions; finally being able to see our baby wiggling and fluttering around. After attending our 12 week scan the shopping began! We walked around several different mother and baby shops in quest of the perfect pram for our baby – time flew by, and we had found our perfect pram!

Month 5: Anomaly scan, buying more clothes, first kick and baby’s gender.


At 20 weeks I had my anomaly scan; it was amazing to be able to see our baby on the screen again moving around and sucking thumb. Seeing our baby growing healthily and how much baby had changed in 8 weeks. Zachary (my partner) and I decided to keep the baby’s gender a surprise, only to find out on our due date – harder than we thought, seeing all the cute gender specific clothing!! During this month was also the first time I had felt baby moving and kicking, I cannot put into words how heart-warming it is feeling our perfect baby wiggling.
Month 6: Decorating baby’s room, daddy feeling kicks and organisation.
This month we finally started decorating baby’s room, putting together the wardrobe, drawers, changing table and storage; adding in neutral touches making baby’s room feel more homely. Not to mention the mass of organising that was, and still is taking place! Putting all clothing in the drawers along with the wardrobe – in age order, positioning nappies, creams, bath products, wipes, blankets; you name it…organising everything. Also during this month daddy (Zachary) was able to feel baby’s kicks!! <3


 I’m currently 6 ½  half months pregnant with my first baby; due early July. I will be doing a separate blog post on the next 3 months up to our due date – including a summery of each month, scan pictures, birth plan and of course ‘bum pies’.



April 6th 2016: original post date.     

No comments:

Post a Comment