Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Scotney Castle:


Our day out:


Made with Repix (http://repix.it)
the beautiful gardens of Scotney Castle.
I felt like doing another relatively chatty post whilst I’m working on some exciting future post ideas. In this post I will be in particular talking about this past weekend.

Myself and Zachary decided to be more adventurous and go on a spontaneous venture to a lovely location that is owned by the national trust – Scotney Castle; we visited here to pretty much take a lovely walk and admire the scenery. It’s the second time that we have visited together, each time that we have been i’m amazed at just how pretty it is, everything there is in tiptop condition; the flowers well groomed, grass cut perfectly and in general it’s a beautiful place to visit for a Sunday stroll.
The last time we visited I remember taking 100’s of pictures of literally everything located next to the path as we walked by, every picture being shared on my instagram; however this time was a completely different story as and proved to be 10x more difficult due to the issue with my phone (caused by apple -_-) of my camera not working and the only camera on my phone that’s actually working is the ‘selfie’ camera haha. Mind you I intend to purchase a new phone at some point during the end of this month…its particularly irritating having a camera that doesn’t work especially when you intend to take pictures and share the beauty of Scotney Castle on here and instagram.
Although walking around exploring the entire grounds proved to be a little harder being 8 months pregnant – however I am pretty proud on how far I managed to actually walk, with my swollen ankles, even if some of my walking was aided by Zachary pulling me up some of the many hills haha, and including some pit stops haha! However I’m still pretty impressed with myself haha.:)

I had a lovely time exploring the grounds – it was rather empty which was nice, completely different from the last time we visited, probably because this time we arrived I guess you could say relatively early, it was nice to be able to freely walk around without being bombarded with hundreds of people intending to take pictures and to do what myself and Zachary embarked on; a spontaneous venture.
Luckily the weather was great too making the whole day a lot more enjoyable, the sun beaming down with a slight breeze in the air – to keep you at the perfect temperature. Considering we had to travel quite the distance I think I would’ve been slightly annoyed if once we had arrived the weather hadn’t been so great; I don’t think I would’ve appreciated the day just as much if it was pouring down with rain drenching me as I walked haha!

I always love looking around at all the different national trust locations learning about the history and  admiring the extraordinary views. If only my camera actually worked and I didn’t have to use my ‘selfie’ camera, I could’ve taken 100’s of pictures to share – however I hope that you like the ones my ‘selfie’ camera managed to take and the ones that Zachary took on he’s phone.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!


May 19th 2016: original post date.   

No comments:

Post a Comment