Pages

Thursday 7 December 2017

Bugaboo Donkey Duo Review

A little review and how we picked our pram

Picture from Google.


I've finally gotten around to writing this review after weeks of typing a few sentences here and there before leaving it all nice a cosy in my drafts. As you can tell by the title I'm going to be doing a review on the 'Bugaboo Donkey - Duo', so keep reading if you'd like to know what I think so far. It isn't going to be very in-depth as I'm sure theres many of these reviews scattered online, but I'm just going to do a tiny review on what I think.

As a 2nd time mum I knew the struggle of picking a pram; when pregnant with Evangeline I always felt completely overwhelmed when walking into Mothercare, John Lewis and all of those independent baby shops - theres prams everywhere, so many different brands and knowing whats right is a big struggle, or at least it was for me. Ironically you'd think picking a pram would be much easier; but of course we were looking at a different type of pram - a Duo pram. 

I was always under the assumption that picking a double would be much, much easier because there wasn't many - and boy was I wrong. ðŸ™ˆ I never realised just how many different brands made Twin/Duo prams. Needless to say it took much longer to find a pram than we anticipated. 


Originally we had around 6-7 if not more that were in the running to be the pram we chose, there was the I-Candy Peach, Egg Tandem, Joolz Geo, Silver Cross Wave, Upper Baby Vista, Mountain Buggy, Oyster Max and of course the Bugaboo Donkey. I was completely surprised to find this many twin/duo prams, like I've touched on above I thought only limited brands made them - when in fact practically all of them do. 

When it came to picking out our pram there were many factors that we weren't to keen on, and being completely honest what I wanted was unrealistic. I wanted a pram where I could see both of my daughters at the same time, wanted something sleek & modern, yet able to withstand any terrain (our old pram was a city pram so country walks were extremely bumpy) but also narrow enough to fit around every location we visited, I wanted a basket large enough, I didn't want it to long or to wide - as you can see I wasn't being very realistic haha! Eventually we had to go by what we liked and managed to narrow it down to the I-Candy, Joolz Geo, Egg or Bugaboo. 

Due to having the pram with a toddler and a baby we had to take into consideration Evangeline's size, she is quite big for a 16 month old, so we had to sit her in each pram to see roughly how long it would be before she grew out of the seat or the hood was touching her head. Straight away the I-candy Peach was ruled out as as soon as she was placed into the seat her head was probably 1-1.5 inches from the top of the hood, meaning she wouldn't fit into it for very long after it had been bought; this was the same with the Egg, so they were ruled out for that reason. Next was the Joolz Geo, the main reason we didn't get this pram is because they didn't have it in store and I love to look at prams in-depth, push them around a little, check basket size and so on before making any decisions - also we weren't able to sit Evie in the seat to see how big she was in it. So therefore we went for the Bugaboo Donkey duo.

The Bugaboo Donkey meet most of the criteria, I was able to see both of my daughters at the same time, the basket was large, its multi-terrain, the seat was of a perfect size for Evangeline and pretty much still is and its compatible with a buggy board for when she's older. There were a few disadvantages being completely honest, the prams very wide, its very expensive, everything had to be bought separately and it isn't very sleek.

So onto the main review; (Little disclaimer - if you have this pram and don't share my opinion that absolutely fine & if you do thats great too - just remember I'm not saying that what I'm saying applies for everyone, its just what I feel). The Bugaboo Donkey Duo is a great overall, it enables me to see both Evangeline & Florance at the same time, unlike other tandem/double prams which was a large selling point for me. As I said its multi-terrain which is fab as we tend do go on a great deal of walks along country roads, down the beach, around the park and within towns, so having a pram that isn't extremely bumpy is excellent. The basket is MASSIVE which is an added bonus as it allows me to pop rain covers and shopping underneath. It's available in pretty much every shop that sells prams/baby stuff which is also an added positive meaning you can get your hands on it in pretty much every shop. Another positive is you can buy the pram with 8 different colour packages and 2 different colour packages for the chasis - although you do have to pay extra for different colours.

So the negatives, the pram is extremely wide and I find it very difficult to fit into every shop, clothes shopping is practically impossible as fitting between the isle is very tricky; I often find myself knocking stuff of the rails just trying to navigate around and a majority of the time I tend to leave as its more hassle than its worth. It's not just shops, footpaths can be awkward to - trying to fit down an average sized footpath with people, other prams or wheelchairs is practically impossible being honest as there just isn't enough room.. The bonus is being able to see both babies/children at the same time; but the negative to that is that its very wide. 

The price is another thing that makes me grumble, the pram itself is great, but we paid roughly the same price you'd pay for a small car - £1315.00 - roughly, having to buy seating a separate seating unit, purchasing hoods and colour packages separately its very pricey. Not just this we had to purchase another car seat - the Maxi-cosi as we were informed this is the only car seat compatible with the adapters which we also had to buy separately, they cost around £29.00. So the price for me I would have to say is a massive negative. However in saying that most prams nowadays break a hole in the bank. But as I said paying £1315.00 for a pram is something that I screw my nose up at. The look, I'm not to keen on how the pram looks, its very bulky and not very modern/sleek; and to me it looks and feels a little flimsy - which isn't great when you pay a lot of money. 

The pram is easily put together which is great as it doesn't take a genius to assemble like some prams. Its pretty straight forward and everything is basic to assemble - the hood is the trickiest part haha!

I think thats all I have to say really, overall the pram is an okay pram and it does the job; once Evangeline is a little older I will be selling this pram, maybe even before to buy something more suited for me and my lifestyle. Positives outweigh the negatives and it is a good pram but of course its all personal preference. I hope you found this review somewhat helpful especially if you are in the market for a twin/duo pram - if you have any more questions defiantly let me know.



 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment