Pages

Monday 11 December 2017

Evangeline's 17 month update

All about Evie-bum-boo


A few posts back I spoke briefly about Evangeline, a quick update. I mentioned I'd be doing a more in-depth update very soon, and here it is! Of course I'm going to be speaking about topics I touched on in the last post, but this time more indepth. I've also done one speaking about Florance, so I'll link that here - 

So starting with an overall update, she's 17 months 3 days as I type this (10th Dec). It's crazy just how quickly this little one is growing, she's a proper little girl now, well toddler - no longer a baby! It only feels like we were getting ready to celebrate her 1st birthday last month!? She's a cheeky, chatty (when she wants to be), friendly, loving, beautiful, funny little pickle. And never fails to put a smile on my face and make me laugh. 

As I said in my last post, she very recently cut her first tooth - she was just over 16 months; when her first tooth cut through her gum. She's had them all come at once bless her, a bit of the domino effect - one straight  after the other. She has 5 teeth now, although there not all completely through and 3 cutting. But I think she's going to have at least 8 teeth by Christmas, being honest its really odd seeing teeth when she smiles, as shes gone so long without them! 

I haven't spoken about Evangeline's eating, pooping or anything before, as we've had quite a few problems being honest, but as its an update and maybe some of you are going through the same, I thought I'd talk a little about it. Ever since Evie was 5 days old shes had trouble with going to the loo, and infact has been on some sort of laxative since. She's under a paedatritian for her bowels and digestion because of the problems she  has, it broke my heart before seeing the paedatritian every time Evie went to the toilet she'd be in so much pain she would literally shake, scream and cry. We've been told she has a small problem with her bowel and has been put on medication for a year to see if it helps - and so far it has! (Hopefully I don't jinx it!) 

So another problem as I've said above is her eating...this is another thing she's had for a while, well ever since weening her onto solids. She has an over sensitive gag reflex and tends to choke & vomit when eating anything solid or lumpy. Again, we're trying to help this alongside the paedatritian... he has told us that its all related to the issues with her tummy, as digestion and eating work with one another. So when her bowels are working properly hopefully she'll be able to eat everything, but if not theres always ways to fix it. We're currently having to increase the consistency of her food making it slightly thicker everytime she adapts and starts eating that consistency without any problems - hopefully that makes sense. She was stuck eating complete puree, no lumps what so ever but now is on the same food consistency of 7 month old - she does eat crisps like pom bears, quavers, wotsist and some finger foods but her main meals are a lot lower than her age. A lot lower than her age, but shes getting there. And despite her little hiccups in her development, shes perfect to me. 

So another mouth related update haha! speaking, shes a sassy little madame and being honest will only talk if she has to. Other wise she just isn't interested, she'll just go to her high chair, or nappy drawer, grab her bottle/sippy and bring it to you. But we're trying to get her to use her words, but it depends on how she feels haha! If she chose to talk she could easily say 10+ words. 

Nursery, this topic I've spoken about quite a few times actually; and we've had quite the palava with finding the perfect nursery. But I think we've found it finally, its one we originally wanted Evie to go to, but it was full - however now they have a few spaces, so she starts in January! She was supposed to be starting this month, but as we've changed our choice in the nursery thats when she'll start. The only downer is that its much, much, much more expensive than the last nursery, like £15 more expensive per day - doesn't sound like a lot, but the total is haha! 

She's growing so quickly now, and as I said in the last little update... when we had her weighed around 3-4 weeks ago sge was 23lbs 8oz; although, I think theres a chance shes lost a few ounces as she's been poorly and gone completely off her food, 4 doctors appointments later and theu still don't care - maybe I'm over cautious, but I'd rather worry to much and be safe, than worry to little and something happen. Nevertheless, she weighed 23lbs 8oz so edging onto 2 stone. She sits in between the 75th-90th percentile, so shes a chubby bubba! <3 

Clothing, shoes and nappies. Evangeline is still in 12-18 month clothing - I know shes 17 months, so still has time to wear them, but she has worn a few 18-24 month bits but a majority of her clothing in the age is still to big. I'd say a high percentage of her 18-24 month wardrobe is next, which we're very lucky to ve able to do, as they aren't the cheapest. But I find there sizing is a little bigger so she still has some growing before she will fit into them. (I might do a Evie wardrobe tour, let me know what you think). Shoe size, her feet haven't actually grown since around August/September- she's still a 41/2 G and sometimes H, and can only wear certain styles as her feet are chubby. Nappy size she is 5+ but I think she may be getting to big or to tall for them, as they don't seem to sit how I like them to haha; so who knows maybe we'll try size 6 and see if they fit better.... honestly I think they'll be to big, but theres no harm in trying. 

She lovesssss practically ever toy going, books, dollies, musical toys, cars, dinosaurs, puzzles; pretty much all toys she can get her hands on. She has a few favourites, her teletubies, minnie mouse, telephone and books. But a majority of the time she plays with all her toys. She has 6 favourite films Sing, Trolls, Frozen, Boss Baby, The secret life of pets and Moana; she loves snuggling on the sofa watching them. She has a few favourite tv shows In the night garden, The clangers, Dora the explora, Hey duggie and a theres a couple more but I won't bore you by listing them all haha! 

She still has a dummy - only really for bedtime/naptime or if shes sad. But I'm hoping to stop that at some point next year. She still has formula but that in relation to her diet/eating problems; so as soon as everything is better with that she'll be moved onto cows milk - I'm hoping the transition is easy! Speaking about sleeping, she doesn't yet sleep through the night; but I don't think most toddlers do, she does sometimes but not consistently. 

I think I'm going to end this post here or I'll be typing away for an eternity. I hope you enjoyed Evie's update and I'll speak to you all in my tomorrows post. 

 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment