Pages

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Florance's 2 month update

All about my Flo'belle


A few posts back I spoke briefly about Florance, a quick update. I mentioned I'd be doing a more in-depth update very soon, and here it is! Of course I'm going to be speaking about topics I touched on in the last post, but this time more indepth. I've also done one speaking about Evangeline, so I'll link that here  -Evangeline's update.

December 4th Florance turned 2 months old, which is absolutely crazy - I say this almost all the time, but it honestly only feels like a week ago I bought her home from the hospital, a week ago we had just had our first cuddle and she's already 9 weeks! It's insane just how quickly time flies, at this rate if feels like we'll be celebrating her first birthday if I blink. She's such a happy, sweet, friendly, cuddly, beautiful little princess. 

She had her first set of jabs on Friday, and bless her she was a right little trooper, only cried a little. But she has suffered a bit after and has only been happy having cuddles. Hopefully she starts to feel more herself soon, although she does have 2 more lots to go. Jabs are so damn cruel, but worth it in the long run. So as much as it hurts me to watch, I know it benefits her. 

She's so much more alert now, and is really starting to love watching her surroundings; well she has for a while but I think now she takes a great deal more in. She loveeesss the Christmas tree and the other light up decorations that we have. As I said in the last update she really enjoys watching baby stimulation videos and lay under her activity gym; where has my newborn gone!? 

Florance is still pretty small, not tiny; but still dinky. She weighs around 10lbs 4oz now, so she's almost doubled her birth weight! She can wear all of her 0-1month now and can fit into some of her 0-3 months, although most of it is still a little bit big. We've changed her nappies to size 2 now, its crazy how much she's growing!

She is a very, very hungry little lady and since being born fed every 45 mins-90 mins; but after doing this for 6 weeks, and speaking to the health visitor, her dad, my family and doctors (I'm really reluctant to use different formula) I've popped her onto hungry baby milk or infant milk for hungrier babies. being entirely honest I'm not really to sure why it helps as it looks exactly the same haha! Either way she has gone from feeding at max every 90 mins to every 2-3 hours, but is still gaining weight rapidly which is great! Also, she is demand fed which is why the spacing between each feed varies.

Night time, so we have almost established a little routine - its not an exact routine, but its usually what happens naturally each day, hopefully that makes sense. Some nights Florance will sleep for 4-6 hours straight and others nights only 2; sometimes she'll settle back down, but I'd say at least 6 days a week we'll be up for a few hours during the night; I'm convinced she's nocturnal haha! 

She's really enjoying bath time now, it used to be the worst part of the day; as soon as her little bottom would touch the water she would cry.. up until she was out of the bath, dried and dressed. Which is completely different now and she actually enjoys it now and is really, happy & calm. I must admit she isn't a massive fan of getting out though - but I can't blame her.

I think thats all I can really say as she is still so little, so I'll do another update in a few months time and then I'll have more to update on. 

I hope you've enjoyed my little update on Florance and I'll speak to you all in my next post.


 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment