Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Thing's to do during December... on a budget

Day's out on a budget



I've always struggled with finding things to do over the festive period that don't cost a fortune or require you to go far, or I've just fancied spending my day filled with festivities or with that christmassy feel... hopefully that makes sense? So I've come up with a few ideas that will hopefully help you in planning a festive day.

P.s - you'll notice hot chocolate will pop up in practically every paragraph! 

Christmas Markets

Picture from Google.
So firstly it has to be Winter Wonderland or a Christmas market... I love the Christmassy feeling of visiting these types of destinations. They are filled to the brim with the most magical lights and decorations, filled with little wooden market stalls, selling lots of different yummy treats waffles, crepes, churros, bratwurst sausages, burgers, hot chocolate - the list goes on. I've visited a few different markets and of course winter wonderland and a few that I've been to have had different activities for you to do from fun fair rides to crafty areas where you can have a go at making your own bracelets or Christmas decorations. 
I love little Christmas markets as they are a lovely place to walk around, all cosy in hats, scarfs and gloves with a warm hot chocolate with all the trimmings or even stop and grab a bratwurst for lunch! Not to forget there is something for everyone, suiting the whole family! A high percentage of places have Christmas markets which is why its a fab place to visit. 


A lovely winter walk

Picture from Google.
This is probably the only one that I do quite frequently, heading out on a winter walk to your local park or natural trust location. Theres always something about winter walks that scream festive to me; as I said above I love getting all cosy with a hat, scarf, gloves and heading out for a walk. My favourite time is relatively early in the morning when its brisk and the frost sits on the ground - its so pretty. Maybe one day it'll snow here and then it'll feel ever more festive haha! But much like the one above, its lovely to walk around taking in your surroundings; and its a great to do with the whole family & your dog! 


Visiting your local garden centre 

Picture from Google.
I don't really know 100% why, but I always feel that garden centres are beyond festive. I love the overall feel of heading into my local garden centre during December, they have so many lovely decorations to buy, lovely Christmas displays and they have so many different christmassy scents in the air. So whether its going for a wonder, having a cup of tea in there small cafes or heading in to buy some quirky one of decorations for your tree, I think there a fab place to visit.  

Staying at home
Picture from Google.
This is the last one I can think of, and its probably my favourite and the most christmassy. Sitting indoors with your loved ones, or alone. Snuggling up under a blanket on your sofa, in pjs, with some christmassy snacks, a nice hot chocolate watching Christmas films; whilst your house is twinkling away with a nice glow from your Christmas tree. For me its so relaxing watching films with family and I love being cosy - so this tops my list!  

I know my list isn't the longest, but I hope you found this somewhat helpful if your stuck for ideas on what to do! Thanks for reading and I'll speak to you in my next post! 


 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment