Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Festive foods for little ones

Christmassy foods for baby/toddlers


I recently popped into Asda and stumbled across some festively shaped foods; as a mum to a baby and toddler I like to make meal times as fun as I can, this is my trick to getting my 17 month old daughter, Evangeline to try different foods! And I was thrilled to see that they do foods in shapes to highlight Christmas. Some of these foods could be placed in a stocking, or simply given when you feel. I'd like to add that I have included chocolate too, although my daughter doesn't like it - some babies/toddlers do; and in my opinion what you give your child is entirely up to you - so I thought I'd include some chocolate!

So I've scoured the internet, well online food shops to find some festive treats/foods that you could get for your little ones, I've popped them all in my basket! Theres a few different shops, not just one in particular - I'll pop the link to each item below each paragraph! 

Asda - Christmas tree crumpets
Picture from Asda's website.

I just had to add these, making breakfast that little bit more festive with some Christmas tree crumpets! These are quick to prepare and only take 3-4 minutes to cook, so are fab for tiny fingers and a quick snack/breakfast. The Christmas tree crumpets can be topped by any of your little ones favourite toppings, and how about letting them decorate it for some festive fun? These come in a pack of 6 and are suitable for vegetarians; which is great! They are low in fat, saturates and sugars & sit in medium on the salts - so overall pretty healthy! 

These cost £1.00 which is a complete bargain! To buy these or to have a look heres the link - Christmas tree crumpets


Asda - 12 Party chicken Christmas trees 
Picture from Asda's website.

Much like above these are Christmas tree shaped; so are pretty festive. These can be cooked to enjoy during meal times or as stated on the bag, at parties. Christmas tree chicken can be used to make dinner time more fun for your little one as they aren't shaped like regular chicken! These take around 11 minutes in the oven and must be cooked from frozen; so can be easily stored in your freezer! Another bonus is these come in packs of 12 pieces/trees which means they can be split into several meals or feed the whole family. These have low sugars, but medium in everything else.

Asda's Christmas tree chicken is also £1.00 so another great bargain. To buy these or to have a look heres the link - 12 chicken Christmas trees


Asda - Muller corner kids Christmas mini crunchy reindeers with vanilla yogurt
Picture from Asda's website.

I love the idea of Christmas yogurts, and being honest I'd never heard of these before! The muller corners have tiny little reindeers that can be tipped in with the vanilla yogurt for a festive, fun, but healthy treat. Not to forget they have festive packaging too!

These are on the website on offer for 2 for £3 or they are marked as £2 each. Each pack contains 4 yogurts. To buy these or to have a look heres the link - Muller corner Christmas yogurts


Asda - free from Christmas chocolate coins 
Picture from Asda's website.

I love chocolate coins, well I love any chocolate. Ironically my daughter really isn't keen so tends to avoid chocolate. But for me, these are sooo christmassy - I remember receiving these in my stocking when I was little. What I love about these is they are from the free from range meaning they are free from dairy, gluten & wheat - so can be enjoyed by most. I just had to pick these because they are ever so festive to me! 

These are also at a bargain price of £1.20. To buy these or to have a look heres the link -Asda free from chocolate coins

Asda - Ella's kitchen jingle belly Christmas dinner with all the trimmings (even sprouts) pouch
Picture from Asda's website.

I picked this Ell's kitchen jingle belly Christmas dinner as it's perfect for little ones who aren't quite ready to enjoy a full Christmas dinner, so a Christmas dinner without the lumps! This contains organic turkey, potatoes and lots of yummy vegetables. Everything within this pouch is organic, which is fabulous; so no nasties included! 

This is being sold for £1.45 or 6 for £7.50. To buy these or to have a look heres the link - Ella's kitchen Christmas dinner


Asda - Free from Christmas chocolate selection 
Picture from Asda's website.
I decided to pop in an selection pack, as to me these are really festive; I remember I used to get one of these around Christmas time every year. Much like the chocolate coins I've picked this particular selection pack as they are from the free from range, so they are free from dairy, gluten & wheat - so can be enjoyed by most. Within this pack there is a selection of chocolates - Chocolate orange bar, Chocolate bar, Chocolate crispie bar, chocolate orange buttons & chocolate buttons. 

This selection pack costs £2.00. To buy these or to have a look heres the link - free from selection pack

Asda - Gingerbread Christmas tree kit 
Picture from Asda's website.

I picked this one out for 2 reasons, one its a festive food that can be enjoyed and two it's also a little bit crafty as the tree has to be made! so not only is it a yummy snack its also a little activity for your little ones to enjoy! The tree has to be decorated and comes with a white sugar paste and little edible decorations! It takes around 15 minutes to bake which isn't to long, and it can be enjoyed by the whole family! not to mention how cool this would look set up not the food table at a party! 

This is a complete and utter bargain and costs £3.50. To buy these or to have a look heres the link - Gingerbread Christmas tree


Tesco - Christmas potato shapes
Picture from Tesco's website.

Much like the chicken Christmas trees I picked these out to make meal times a little more festive, and add a little fun into a meal. These are potatoes in Christmas shapes, snowmen, stars & trees. These are also to be cooked from frozen, exactly like the chicken and they take around 18 minutes to cook. 

These are unfortunately currently unavailable, and I'm not entirely sure when they'll be back on the website, but I'll pop the link so that you can see the packaging and maybe pop into your local store - Christmas potato shapes

Tesco - Cadbury small selection box 
Picture from Tesco's website.
I picked this for the same reason as the free from Christmas chocolate selection pack, because they remind me of Christmas! This one comes with all the traditional chocolates that came in selection packs when I was little - Fredo, fudge, chomp, curlywurly & chocolate buttons. I picked the small selection box as I feel it is more suited to younger children, but of course you could alway buy the large ones.

Much like the one above, for some reason it says that they are unavailable online; so perhaps look in your local shop to? heres the link incase they become available... Cadbury small selection box

Tesco - Organix Goodies gingerbread men
Picture from Tesco's website.

I picked these are for some reason I feel like gingerbread men are festive? or aren't they, I'm not entirely sure haha! nevertheless they are so stinking cute and are a small organic snack for your little ones to enjoy. Evangeline has tried these and she loves them; good old gingerbread men!

These are being sold for £2.00. To buy these or to have a look heres the link - Organix gingerbread men


Tesco - Organix Goodies mini cheese crackers 
Picture from Tesco's website.

These are similar to the ones above, there not really to festive, but for me I love a good cheese board and crackers around the Christmas time, so thought it would be ever so cute for your little ones to much on a little organic cracker along side you! Evangeline has tried these to, and she loves them! 

These are being sold for £2.00. To buy these or to have a look heres the link - Organix mini cheese crackers


If you are on the hunt for some festive snacks, I hope this post has been somewhat helpful in pointing you in the right direction.... and I'll speak to you in my next post.
 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment