Pages

Monday 4 December 2017

My top 9 Christmas movies

My fav xmas films!


One of my favourite things about Christmas is the festive movies. I love snuggling down under a warm blanket, on our sofa, in my Christmas pjs, with a snack and hot chocolate cuddling my babies watching Christmas movies. I have to admit I found this post pretty tricky as I love practically any Christmas film; so trying to whittle it down to 9 was actually pretty challenging; but nevertheless I finally managed! So heres a list of my top 9 favourite Christmas movies - and a little insight as to why, I haven't gone into to much detail as I didn't want this post to be written like a novel haha! 

1. Elf 
Much like every person I've ever come across Elf is by far my fav Christmas film, I love this film - its an all round family film. A comedy with some hilarious scences and a great story of a family coming together at Christmas time. 


2. Polar Express 
I love this film, I remember watching this in the cinema when I was a little girl. As a child I loved the magic of the Santa, hes elves and of course the North Pole. As I've grown up I've realised theres a little message behind the movie - and that is that I don't have to grow out of the Christmas spirt, no matter how old I get Christmas can still be magical... My fav part is the hot chocolate scene haha! 


3. Dr Seusss - How the Grinch stole Christmas 
This film is such a classic, I watch this film daily during the Christmas months. Much like all Christmas films there are hidden meanings in this film to, which is another reason I love it. It's a funny, thoughtful, family film and will always sit in my top 10.


4. The Santa Clause 
A good old classic and one I've always watched at Christmas. I remember sitting in the front room at around 5 years old (I could've even been younger) watching this film with my family on Christmas Eve, since then its always been something we've done. Sat around with snack, in our PJs watching this good old family classic. I'm excited to be able to continue the tradition with my daughters.


5. The littlest light on the Christmas tree 
This film is the. cutest. film. I. have. ever. seen. I don't think this film is particularly popular? But as I've said in almost every paragraph this again is a film I've watched since I can remember. It's a lovely film about a little boy, he's mum & sister and a little light on a Christmas tree. It would take me ages to explain the whole movie - but long story short, the little boy finds the little light outside of a toy shop, its broken but he puts it on he's tree eveb though its broken, theres a massive storm and the little light shines as bright as ever and saves the toy shop owner who was trapped outside. There's a lot more to it, but I don't want to destroy it! Anyway, its one of my fav Christmas films and I can't wait to watch it with my girlies & family.


6. Disney's A Christmas carol
Again, a good old family classic. I'm a huge fan of this film, I don't really have a massive explanation as to why - but I just really enjoy watching this film and it always makes me veyond excited for Christmas haha! 


7. The Santa Claus & The Snowman 
I've watched these films every year since I was a baby, Christmas wouldn't be the same without watching them. There family classics in my opinion, such lovely films to watch - filed with humour, love and brilliant story lines & perfect for the whole family. I love the vintage feel of these films. 
Unfortunately I can't find a picture of the Santa Claus movies :( :( :( 

8. Home alone
Much like Elf, Grinch & The Polar Express this film is a good old classic that I watch, of course there are others that are classic that haven't made it into my top 9 but, this to me is another classic that I just have to watch yearly. I love the humour and the story line of this film. It never fails to put me in the Christmas spirt. 


9. Miracle on 34th street
Finally, Miracle on 34th Street. This film just screams Christmas to me, I love everything about it. The fact they bring Reindeers into a court to prove Santa is real always makes me giggle haha, ah and the scene when Santa signs with a little deaf girl who comes to see him in the shopping mall - puts me in tears every time..its just an all round great Christmas/family film. 

 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment