Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Things I love to do at Christmas

My top 10 things I love to do during December




Spend time with family

- I'm a very family orientated person, I love taking time out to spend lots of time with my family; creating memories and having a laugh!


Eat lots of unhealthy foods

- This is one of my favourite things about Christmas, the food! In my opinion its the one time of the year that you can eat your body weight in food, gain a stone and no one gives a crap! There are so many yummy treats avalible at christmas that aren't at any other point of the year - not to forget those festive shaped foods for little ones, I actually done a blog post on festive foods for babys/toddlers; I'll link it here - http://donnaastephens.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/festive-foods-for-little-ones.html?m=1

Wear novelty/festive jumpers

- Festive clothing, its great! at what other time in the year can you wear a jumper that jingles, sings, flashes and is just completely overthe top!?

Buy gifts

- I love buying presents, shopping is definitely my weakness - I loveeeeeeee shopping and I loveeeeeeee spoiling loved ones & friends, so the two together are a pefect match!

Visit the shops to do some last minute christmas shopping

- Heading into town, your local supermarket or shopping centre a few days before Christmas is next level haha! It's so unbelievably busy and its absolutely frantic, there are people everywhere grabbing the last few bits of tge shelve or dashing to the jewellers - I have always finished my xmas shopping by the begining or December at the lastest, so I find it some what interesting and a little funny to see everyone running around looking for those last minute gifts haha!

Visit christmas markets

- Theres nothing more Christmassy than a Christmas market, filled to the brim with little stalls selling lovely one of a kind gifts & very yummy foods. There always so pretty to with fairy lights and lots of different decorations.

Decorate the tree

- I'm not going to lie, as much as I love it - I find it soooo stressful trying to make your tree perfectly decorated and even everywhere... takes for ever, but its worth it in the end!

Visit extendes family/friends

- Seeing family/friends you haven't seen for months & months. It's always nice to have a good old catch up, eating junk all together, exchanging gifts and making memories.

Go on long morning winter walks in the country

- I love walks anyway, but for some reason for me; going on winter walks within December it's much nicer, seeing all the frost on the ground, grass & trees, having to wrap up in hats, gloves and scarfs; I just love it.

Writing and receiving Christmas cards

- The one time of the year where writing is fun, other than birthday cards! Maybe its just me, but I feel everyone kind of competes to send the best Christmas card, whether its filled with sparkles, pops up or is simply a picture of your family - I'm always excited to see what is in the envelope! And I love taking time out to write a little message in a Christmas card.

Thats my top 10 things I most enjoy within December, I hope your liking blogmas so far!? its crazy to think theres only a few more days until its finished!



 photo donna sig_zpswyw7ljbg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment